Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Uplifted

I have been feeling, shall we say "less than thrilled" for the last few days and needed something to lift my spirit. I decided to watch the movie Joshua and I am glad I did. It did lift my spirits. For those who do not know of this movie, a stranger named Joshua moves into a mid-sized American town and starts transforming lives and awakening faith, seemingly without effort and eventually performs a couple of major miracles. Eventually a couple of people realize that Joshua is Jesus living amongst them, though He never makes the claim himself, and course they are some who just wish He would go away. It is of little doctrinal value but it is a wonderful vision of Who Jesus is and what He wants from us. It ends with Joshua/Jesus going to the Vatican, subtley telling the Pope that He is Jesus and then giving the Pope a simple bit of instruction, that if followed could change the world.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard of it but never seen it bro to perfectly honest...sounds like a great movie.

I usually watch an episdode of Apocolypse Now to get my spirits back up. Well not the whole movie every single time, the part where the choppers take flight to the tune of the 'Flight of Valkyries' seems to get me motivaed all over again.

I know what you're saying Shop. I'm not that bad, and can use a good dose of spitituality myself from time to time. :)

1:07 AM  
Blogger lilfeathers2000 said...

sounds like a great watch. Have not heard of it. Thanks

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home