Sunday, March 30, 2008

Michigan Politicians - - Do They Get Any Worse

I am not involved in the recall attempt against State Representative Andy Dillon, and really am not that well informed on it, but what I am seeing in this video is troubling to say the least.




H/T Gateway Pundits

I have had my own run-ins with political thugs when I refused to sign a Union Card a number of years ago when the UAW was in a failed attempt to organize my shop, though they sadly succeeded later (and did absolutely nothing for us except make political donations on our behalf.) I was told if I refused to support the unionization of the shop I would lose my job when the union gained control. Another employee was cornered and forced to sign a card petitioning for a union vote, and when he complained about it to management he found his car and personal property vandalized.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

the UAW has sure done a lot to help make Detroit the wasteland it is today. I'm not too happy with the outsourcing companies have done in response to union foolishness either. whatever happened to working together? this country used to have a "can do" attitude, now it's a "can't do" attitude, and it looks like we're going to "can't do" all the way to the poorhouse.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Goat said...

I have had so many runins with glazing unions its not even funny anymore as an independant contractor but they don't want to do the custom work I do when I offer it back to them, LOL. So I work through their breaks and lunch hour and come and go on my own time just to irritate them, been run off a few jobsites as well. I HATE unions needless to say, a bunch of commies.

1:07 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

That's despicable, Shoprat! No one should ever be forced to join a union against there will.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

I'm betting after the news coverage of state workers out there trying to break up the petition signings folks were busting down doors to get their names on that list.

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess this is because Michigan has been a majorly union state and the unions, on their last legs in some circles, are fighting to retain their golden goose. Plus, they are run by folks who didn't get where they are by being nice people.

Local politicians and unions are a hand-in-glove affair practically anywhere you go, so we can all "do the math".

Unlike in the days when they got workers a "fair shake" and made a positive difference, unions today are all about making money and to hell with the dues-payers who provide that money: but they still keep at it.

And those member dues that they don't keep for themselves head decidedly left, where their supporters are.

6:51 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

All
Here in Michigan the Unions believe that they are not only above the law, but are the law. While I have nothing against collective bargaining, there has to be a better way to do it than letting criminal syndicates pretend to represent the interests of the working people.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home