Wednesday, July 09, 2008

My Family Home

One should not take excessive pride in one's ancestral heritage but it's a weak spot for me. I have long known that the ancestors who first bore my surname were knights and minor lords. In fact I have some famous old relatives whose names show up in history books.

But my little brother found a picture of my family's old home in England. It's now part of Britain's National Trust but my distant cousins still dwell there.



Maybe I should pay my distant relatives a visit.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

nice digs, yeah, you ought to pay them a visit.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Z said...

is this serious? I need you to know you and I will be fast friends just because this belonged to your family ... (pushy, aren't I?!)

I am THE hugest Anglophile you'll ever meet and would get Country Life Magazine if it weren't SO expensive to get here!! This intrigued me so much!

WHAT FUN!! And thanks for stopping by geeeeZ! I hope you do again, and I'll sure be checking here! thanks and big blessings! z

11:32 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

I'll bet there are thousands of "distant cousins" that visit them each year and donate to the upkeep of the castle...

6:10 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Z thanks for visiting. Yes I am serious. That is where my direct linear ancestors lived and not as servants.

tim By now, the last ancestor of mine who actually lived in that house (almost 400 years ago) probably has many, many thousands descendants.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Z said...

I didn't think they were servants, really!
I just have to reiterate: SOSO COOL! and isn't the countryside gorgeous!? WOW

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home