Sunday, October 30, 2005

Wiccans get a tax deduction

I see that in the Netherlands, Wiccans are now allowed to write off their religious studies on their income tax. I personally don't see a problem with that, even though I am a Christian. If I am given a deduction for what I do for my religion so should they. I have no problem, and agree with the government being neutral on religion. Protecting their religious rights lays a stronger foundation for the protection of my rights.

But when unelected government officials tell me to shut up about my religion yet non-Christians are allowed to take theirs into the schools or they are given sympathetic treatment by the media and we are mocked it is time to draw the line. My problem is not with the defending of the rights on non-Christians so much as it is the failure to defend the rights of Christians. Some seem to think that because we are the majority religion in this country, we are morally obligated to shut up, sit down and take it. Well we are not going to.

I will defend the religious freedoms of non-Christians but I will also defend my own.

3 Comments:

Blogger Skip said...

Looks like you christians are getting the same treatment that we get just being born white and striaght we can't say anything about or color or sexual preference...when was the last time you saw a "Straight Pride" parade???
Skip

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear, hear, Shoprat!

Skip:
Here in Indy, we have a "Black Expo" every year, organized by the pastor of a liberal, Black church. I've often commented that if there were to be plans for a "White Expo" organized by anyone, let alone a Christian, the riots and outrage would be ugly and immediate.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

I'm glad you're on our side.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home