Saturday, December 10, 2005

Wasted the Evening, But It Was Fun

A few days ago I was poking around in TUCOWS (The Ultimate Collection Of Windows Software - though they carry stuff for non-Windows too) seeing what software was out there and saw a font creation tool. Hey! Why not!

I scanned my own (horrid) printing and made a font based on it. Then I did a more careful printing to scan and made a (somewhat) better font. Today I tried my (unreadable) cursive and it was a fiasco. I tried again tonight and got much better (but still not exactly good) results. Then I scanned some pages from my 30 year old Navy Bluejackets Manual (I can't believe I still have the thing!) and created a dingbat series based on military ranks.

I didn't do much on the net tonight, but I had fun. :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony said...

Great now this is all I'm going to get done today! LOL Thanks Shoprat.

9:05 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

There are several available. I am using the shareware version of High-Logic 5.0.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

I'm wondering if there is a shareware for something like photoshop.

10:57 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

I have not found one yet, but I am still trying to find a satisfactory improvement over "Windows Paint" other than that seriously overpriced Paintshop.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home