Monday, May 29, 2006

Thank You to the Real Vets

I served during a time of peace and was never called put my neck on the line for America, though I was trained, ready and willing. I guess that makes me legally a veteran, but I feel that the real veterans are the ones who actually fought. I too owe them thanks.

To all who fought for what this country (and the world) can and should be, Thank You.

A double Thanks to those who lost life, limb and sanity. Your sacrifice is appreciated.

Also thanks to those who lost children, brothers, friends, kinsmen, parents, mates to the evil things of this world. Your sacrifice is also appreciated.

God bless America and her veterans.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

You need did apologize for not getting shot at. As a Coastguardsman, I risked my life more than once. Heroes do not just kill or be killed, sometimes they save a life as well. We have both worn the uniform of our country and can stand tall that we served. Many others have not, although they benefit from the protection recieved from our men and women in uniform.
Not only did we serve, we volunteered when our country needed us.
So stand up with pride.That's an order, Sailor!

12:48 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

You misunderstand me Tim, I am not apologizing, but am simply acknowledging that others have done more than myself. Yes I was ready, but I still feel that greater respect is due to those who put their lives on the line. And I am proud of my service.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I than you for my husband who did serve in Vietnam, I also thank you for my friend who died there. And I thank you as well for serving your country; whether in a time of peace or war, it matters not. You served. Thank you too!
Blessings. :)

6:40 PM  
Blogger ABFreedom said...

Thank you for protecting my freedoms Shoprat .. we will not forget anyone who served. Have a great Memorial Day!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Ditto and thank-you for being ready & willing!!

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home