Friday, April 20, 2007

Minutemen at MSU

Chris Simcox, one of the founders of the Minutemen, spoke at Michigan State University and had to wait nearly 20 minutes for the police to clear out protesters who didn't want him to be allowed to speak.

Ah yes . . . the tolerance of the modern liberal.

They called the Minutemen murderers. Who have they killed?

Racists? Legal immigrants and citizens of Hispanic origin are not being complained about.

This is merely an attempt by the left to prevent those who disagree with them from speaking. Fortunately it failed.

Here's something interesting.

Terry Denbow, MSU's vice president for university relations, was there for the ruckus. He called it "a learning moment about what an open forum, an open discussion, an open marketplace of ideas should be."

Your would think that a man in that position would already know. I would like to know exactly what he learned. Was it the importance of courtesy towards those you disagree with or was it not to let those with unPC beliefs speak on campus?

9 Comments:

Blogger ABFreedom said...

It was the latter.... LIEberals don't believe in tolerance unless it's related to their own reality.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Subvet said...

Yep, the mindset that cries out,"Don't confuse me with facts when my mind is already made up"!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I have to say that I'm amazed at the vitriol that is spewed towards the minutemen. I see what they are doing as a noble calling and I'm not even one of the hardliners on immigration.

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a concession that they're losing when they resort to tactics that
A: Aren't working and
B: Subrogate their argument.

I take the futile whining of the left and half-fast attempts to limit the rights of others as the signs that their empire is crumbling.

And that's good news.

Roger Thornhill

4:31 PM  
Blogger dons_mind said...

i had an opportunity to visit some of the minutemen when i was down in huachuca, az - - they're some amazing folks! we filled our rental car with cases of bottled water and dropped it off with them..they're heros in my book...God bless 'em.....

8:46 PM  
Blogger jack rensimer said...

The Minutemen are people who care about the sovereignty and safety of our country... that seems to be going away for many.

JR

2:13 AM  
Blogger Tom C said...

Terry Denbow? Geez I've been gone ten years now and still the same old leaches kickin around good ole Moo U. Do they still burn couches?

9:42 AM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

It's the same tactic that my ex used to get me to do what he wanted. He just got angry. Too bad a lot of the time that works.

11:25 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

abf I really hope you're wrong but I fear that you're not.

subvet yep Oh and thanks for visiting

lmc I welcome the one's that come legally yet support the minutemen as well

rt I hope you're right.

dm I am glad you did that for them

jr That makes a lot of us minutemen in spirit

tomC Why get rid of a winner in their opinion?

lp A lot of people use that tactic.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home