Monday, July 16, 2007

Harry Potter and the Future. Who Dies?

I saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix this weekend at it was actually quite good. I do recommend it and its parallels with the Global War on Terror are interesting, if probably unintentional.

The final book of the series is due out in a few days and rumors say that two main characters are going to die in it. I really don't know who but I will venture some guesses.

Ron Weasley is almost certainly one of the two. He is being set up as a tragic character and it looks like he might be a goner.

Harry Himself is very possibly going to die and fits with his scar and what was exposed about theDark Lord's power in The Half-Blood Prince. Yet something inside of me says he is going to live. I could be wrong.

Since Harry's father figures all seem to die I would consider them likely prospects. Arthur Weasley and Hagrid are both father figures to Harry and I wouldn't give either of them a life insurance policy right now.

I also suspect that Snape will meet the Grim Reaper but I don't think he is one of the intended.


On another note, a creditor seized and shut down my employer so I am currently unemployed. A situation I intend to remedy as quickly as I can. Please say a prayer or two, not only for me but my co-workers as well.

10 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

Interesting. I've kept up with the Harry Potter series since the beginning. I also wonder if they are going to kill poor Harry off!

Sorry to hear you are currently unemployed, Shoprat. That's really hard, and you and your coworkers are definitely added to my prayers. Good luck and may God bless you in your search for a new, and hopefully, rewarding job.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Sorry to hear about your job. I went through that unemployed garbage this time last year. It's no fun.

I'll be praying for you (and your co-workers).

11:42 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

That's shocking and sudden, Shoprat. I'll keep you in my prayers. When I got "downsized" at the age of 50, I was pretty worried at first and then another door opened.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sorry to hear that you have lost your job, SR. I just said a prayer for you.

11:31 AM  
Blogger dons_mind said...

sorry to hear about the employment status shoprat - - we'll keep you in our thoughts and hope something turns up quickly for you and for all your co-workers who were affected.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

I believe all circumstances are thrust upon us for a reason, I expect you may soon be tagged with a new moniker. A person with your background should be readily employable. Aim high friend, good luck and God bless.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Bob's Blog said...

I'll add my prayers and agree with the person who advised you to aim high, because of your obvious talents. We'll be hoping for good news soon.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Shop: most sorry to read of your predicament. Are there any local alternative prospects at first blush, or does it appear you might have to expand or move to other regions to find similar work? In any event, you are in all our prayers, sir.

BZ

12:53 PM  
Blogger pete in Midland said...

sorry to hear about the employment situation, SR. Unfortunately our overlawyered and overregulated country seems to be on a pretty steep downward slope and I fear many more companies are doomed to go.
Good luck in finding a new job quickly!

1:39 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

All
Thanks for the encouragement and the prayers are appreciated.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home