Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thoughts on the Michigan Primary

Romney won, or at least got more votes than anyone, though I have trouble granting victory to anyone who didn't get at least half the votes. I prefer to say he finished first.

What puzzles me is that the polls have been so wrong in almost every case so far. McCain was supposed to win this and I expected him to. In McCain vs Romney my feelings are pretty much neutral but I did expect a McCain victory. I wonder why we are even bothering with polls this time around.

Hillary had no real competition and got 55% of the vote with 40% going to non-committed. While I lean very heavily toward the Republicans, I am still bugged by the DNC's refusal to recognize our Democratic primary. It tells me that the DNC thinks that Michigan doesn't matter. The fact that neither Obama nor Edwards wanted to be on the ballot tells me that they don't care about Michigan either.

This may be a once in a lifetime occurrence. I will, probably for the only time in my life, praise Hillary for sticking up for Michigan while the rest of her party decided that we didn't matter. I still won't vote for her, but she at least let us know she wouldn't ignore us, at least not until the election is over.

Now we see what happens elsewhere.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Ron Paul; what's Michigan's feelings about him?

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home