Wednesday, August 19, 2009

From My Brother

"We've got a duty to die and get out of the way with all of our machines and artificial hearts and everything else like that and let the other society, our kids, build a reasonable life." Former Governor Richard Lamm (D) of Colorado.


In the book Logan's Run (which is very different from the movie) children are brainwashed to believe that it is selfish to want to live past your allotted time and those who run from death are morally equated with murderers. (In the book your last day is your 21st birthday). I never thought I would see that become a potential reality.

Sadly I don't know if this is just a joke or could one day be a painful reality. While I doubt that it would reach this level, I do believe our president would allow old people to die simply to save money, and those who deny it are living in a dream world. Remember the words of an equally infamous Democrat, former Governor Lamm of Colorado who said that old people have an obligation to die and get out of the way. I wonder if those who rightly furious about that are furious about this. (Of course Lamm was foolish enough to say what he thought where he could be heard and quoted.)

My brother sent me this joke.


"CASH FOR CODGERS":
...and it works like this... Couples wishing to access health
care funds in order to pay for the delivery of a child will be
required to turn in one old person.
The amount the government grants them will be fixed according
to a sliding scale. Older and more prescription dependent
codgers will garner the highest amounts.
Special "Bonuses" will be paid for those submitting codgers
in targeted groups, such as smokers, alcohol drinkers, persons
10 pounds over their government prescribed weight, and any
member of the Republican Party.
Smaller bonuses will be given for codgers who consume beef,
soda, fried foods, potato chips, lattes, whole milk, dairy
products, bacon, or Girl Scout Cookies.
All codgers will be rendered totally useless via toxic injection.
This will insure that they are not secretly resold or their body
parts harvested to keep other codgers in repair.
Run my old friend, Run

Remember this movie? If your old enough?



It's no longer about age but it seems eerily familiar.

5 Comments:

Blogger Average American said...

Special "Bonuses" will be paid for those submitting codgers
in targeted groups, such as smokers, alcohol drinkers, persons
10 pounds over their government prescribed weight, and any
member of the Republican Party.


HOLY SHIT! I hit the jackpot! I am eligible for ALL the bonuses. YAHOOOOOO!!

3:04 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

This old codger would run as fast as he can, but he can't! His cane keeps getting in the way.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Pasadena Closet Conservative said...

Your brother's OK by me!

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

I haven't read Logan's Run, but I clearly remember the film Wild in the Streets, including the theme song.

My mother and I went to see Wild in the Streets in the theater. The film is indeed somewhat prophetic. We are 40 years later, and our society has become very strange -- the Cult of Obama has replaced drugs in a way.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home