Monday, December 14, 2009

Still Busy

I think I've been off-line for various reasons for 5 days now. I have a lot of catching up to do. I finally bought a "pocket drive" or "memory stick" so I can use both my computers more. (My laptop is not internet ready at this time.) I was at Mom and Dad's most of Wednesday and Thursday. Friday through Sunday was taken up by errands and work.

Mom is showing more and more signs that her mind isn't what it used to be and she is beginning to show some severe problems. It is beginning to look like we are going to have to take some steps that we really don't want to take. Dad does not appear to be in any immediate danger but he is showing signs that he isn't feeling well either, above and beyond being paralyzed. I am almost certain that this will be the last Christmas with both of my parents, even though I think I said that last year too. I guess it doesn't hurt to be aware of the possibility.

One possible bit of good news is that I just might wind up in possession of the house I grew up in. The house is old and not in the best of shape, but it includes about nine acres of land which I am much more interested in. It is uncertain at this point because there a couple of issues that need to be settled first and it will be March at the soonest before I occupy it, if it happens at all.

10 Comments:

Blogger Skip said...

Have faith Big Brother... It Will happen, trust your little brother!!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

You have the right perspective, putting family first. You are to be respected for that. We continue, meantime, to pray for you and yours.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

These are tough decisions to make. What I tell patients is that if they keep their parent's best interest in mind, they will make the right decision.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties your family is facing, my prayers are with you all.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Shoprat,
If this is the last Christmas with both your parents, cherish it!

My last Christmas with both Mom and Dad was way back in 1986. I still miss them.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

You know, if you'd trusted me, you might've been out of one predicament by now.

Just sayin'. . .

BZ

8:40 PM  
Blogger Z said...

You know I wish you all the best, shoprat......you have such a good attitude and such affection for your parents; it's a blessing to read your words. xxx

1:14 AM  
Blogger christian soldier said...

The love you show for your parents is a testimony to your character-SR-
Your post warms the heart...Thank you...
C-CS

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

madhava behaviour exploited horror object sahlins could ralph survey schonbrunn syntax
masimundus semikonecolori

8:40 AM  
Blogger AmPowerBlog said...

God bless, Shoprat. Have a great Christmas and enjoy time being with your folks. My old man passed away Dec. 20, 2004, exactly five years ago. I miss him, but it's through the ages, so to speak. Now I focus on my boys, and I'm the patriarch of my family. Weird.

Be well, my friend.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home