Sunday, January 01, 2006

Psychic & Expert Predictions - Is There a Difference?

Predictions for 2006 are popping up everywhere, from the tabloids to just people talking.

The National Review Online has a series of predictions by its various contributors, ranging from serious predictions to a couple spoofing the psychics. I especially appreciated this one by John Derbyshire: General Motors will be purchased by Google. Of course some are inevitable such as Kathryn Jean Lopez's prediction: Ted Kennedy says something obnoxious about our war effort. We can go on and on but let's go elsewhere.

Today there is an article in Yahoo about various ways of predicting the future and a few predictions by Psychics. Earth will be hit by an asteroid according to Annie Stanton, a web psychic; I guess I better start building an asteroid shelter (sigh). Does anyone know where I can find instructions? :-D

Or take a look at this page. Like I'm going to take these people seriously.

I see countless people who know their fields making predictions, some based on serious trends and inside information while others are just wishful thinking.

I have a few predictions of my own. It will take the earth 364.25 days to circle the earth in 2006 (which include a few hours of a different year.) There will not be a Febuary 29th this year. The Lions will have another embarrassing season. The liberal side of the blogosphere will get even loonier.

Here are some guesses that I consider likely. The Republicans will have problems in 06 but will hold their majorities. There will be another terrorist attack, probably just before the election. Hillary's star will begin to fade as other Democrats who want the nomination start to dig up dirt on her. I do not expect the Rapture or the Return to occur this year - but I do believe He is coming.

"I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future."

Update 8: 03 AM The Anchoress has predictions that I consider sensible but uncertain.

5 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Politico said...

I usually make one prediction about every year. I've NEVER been wrong on it either.


The predication is that the year will end.

Have a great 2006.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't doubt the californiapsychics.com site too much... They hit that the bush administration would be in turmoil and going down the toilet this year even after the "Mandate" he recieved after winning in 2004.

Might have been luck, but you know after the 2004 election it seemed as if Bush could do no wrong.

6:10 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Actually it wasn't too wild of a guess to say that Bush would have problems. And I really don't think he's going down the toilet.

8:07 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Good Question

"This is Madam WisDumb, I see and know everything! What is your name please?"

11:03 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

"I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future."

I've always liked that line.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home