Monday, January 30, 2006

Why So Much About Michigan?

Brainster's blog recently pointed me out as worth reading (Thank you Brainster) saying "The Educated Shoprat blogs on politics with an emphasis on Michigan."

Why do I talk about what is going on here so much?

First of all I live here and what goes on here has as much or more impact on my life as what goes on at Washington.

Secondly, Michigan is a fine example of a totally screwed up state. It is true that the GOP "controls" the legislature, but it is a neutered GOP. The two groups that actually control the state are the UAW and the MEA (State of affiliate of the American Education Association). The GOP legislature does not have what it takes to confront these two groups and to put a leash on them. What these two groups have done to Michigan, they can also do to your state if they ever get the power that they have in Michigan. (The GOP doesn't have the courage to fight them and the DEMs are in bed with them.)

If these two groups ever gain serious power in America, look at Michigan to see what will happen.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony said...

I need to understand the politics around KCMO better. I'm learning so much right now, I feel like my head is going to explode. Keeping up with the kids and Canada and politics and the news...geeze how do you do it SR?

11:32 PM  
Blogger ABFreedom said...

Learning more about your area everyday through your posts. Thank You. The UAW in Ontario sounds like much of the same as what your describing.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

If there's one thing worse than a Democrat, it's a RINO. Grrrrr...

4:33 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

I agree with alot of what you say, but how do you feel the MEA and UAW run the show in MI? I think the Republicans in Lansing are now calling the tune. Remember, we are still dealing with the mess Engler left regarding the deficit, and Grandholm can't do a lot when her hands are tied by the legislature. Still, I tend to agree with you that she is ineffective. I feel that she suffers from analisys paralisys.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home