Friday, February 10, 2006

A Radical Atheist Tries Something

Now at least one Atheist is trying to say that is illegal to claim that Jesus even existed. In a trial that was Quixotic at best, Luigi Cascioli of Italy tried to bring criminal charges against a Catholic Priest for saying that Jesus really existed. Not that He was the Son of God, but that He even existed! Fortunately the judge had the sense to throw the case out, but Mr. Cascioli is not done yet. He plans to take this to the European Court of Human Rights to put the Church itself on trial. He sounds like he has taken a few lessons from Stalin, Hitler, Lenin etc.

This bothers me on many levels. Is a court of law a proper venue for such a discussion? Why does this man hate religion so much? This would outlaw evangelism, or even ... just so many things. I am really troubled by this.

I call this persecution. I wonder if he will prosecute Moslems too.

Also mentioned in USA Today and Yahoo

6 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Politico said...

If it weren't for freaks like him what would we do.

Europe probably is a bad venue though. As bad a year as they've had with religious nuts over there they may decide they should outlaw religion, which will just make it worse.

9:09 PM  
Blogger ABFreedom said...

I fail to see why the courts are even considering this ... oh ya ... LIEberal judges .... Never mind. ..

11:08 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

This reminds me of an email I received yesterday where Wiccans challenged Florida's Sales Tax Exemption for Bibles. I'll send it to you. You might be interested in the source too. Liberty Counsel.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

The guy is an idiot! If he doesn't get a grip before he dies, he is going to be really shocked to find out how wrong he is! Oh, I can just picture it!

Atheist meets Jesus after death. Jesus asks: "My son, why did you have no faith in me?"

Atheist responds: "Uh, because I didn't really believe in you, sir."

"And just why didn't you believe in me, my son? After all, God's word was left for all to read in the bible. It absolutely documented my existance on earth. But you not only doubted I was the son of God, you doubted my very existance... and I sacrificed my life for you to save you from your sins because I loved you. Why did you not love me?"

"Uh, Jesus sir, I didn't believe the bible. I didn't believe in anything. All I believed in was in what I could see, hear, taste and feel."

"Then you didn't believe in the Devil either?"

"No sir, I didn't." (Gulp)

"He exists too. You will be meeting him shortly." :)

One can only hope!:)

7:37 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Good grief. And people wonder why sensible judges are so important.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you guys need to re-read the article. If I shared your beliefs I would be rather alarmed by the defence the priest's lawyer used in this case. Quote...

Righi was not asserting a historical fact when he wrote of Jesus' existence, but rather "an expression of theological principles."

"When Don Righi spoke about Christ's humanity ... he was affirming that he needs to be considered as a man. What his name is, where he comes from or who his parents are is secondary,"

He's saying it doesn't matter if Jesus existed, it's the thought that counts!

--------

gayle: If you believe that this man is destined to eternal damnation, torment blah blah etc, then you seem to take a very unchristian delight in this fact.

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home