Thursday, February 09, 2006

Sometimes You Should Miss Work

I rarely miss work; in fact I think the hold the shop record for going the longest time with no tardys or absences (a little over 7 years.) I have worked days when I was so sick I could barely stand.

Recent events in Lansing Michigan now have me reconsidering whether or not that is a good thing to do. An employee at a decent Lansing restaurant failed to report an illness and worked, spreading an illness to over 400 costumers and co-workers.

It was at an Italian restaurant named "Carabbas" (I have been by it but never in it - a co-worker told me the food, service and atmosphere were all excellent). This excellent establishment has had its reputation badly damaged because of one inconsiderate employee working while contagious with an illness. Many people will refuse believe it was not the food that made them sick.

I may have to reconsider my policy of never missing work if I can at all. I really don't like the idea of infecting my co-workers.

The story is over three days in the Lansing State Journal

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

3 Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony said...

It's Friday. Are you feeling better???

7:12 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

I'm fine thank you.

4:57 PM  
Blogger juanitagf said...

In working with senior citizens, we have a very serious sick policy. Come in sick and you get sent home immediately!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home