Monday, March 20, 2006

Even Hollywood's Biggest Names Fail PC-Test.

Steven Spielberg is being sued by some Apache Indians because he violated one of their tribal taboos (cutting a girls hair before the coming of age ceremony.) Now to be honest I do not know enough about the situation to even guess which side is right in this, though I lean toward the girl's father. What kind of hit me though was that even Hollywood's biggest and brightest occasional fail to be sufficiently sensitive to other cultures. It doesn't suprise me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

Weird. I hope, when and if you find out more about it, you will post it.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

I still can't believe that Spielberg made Saving Private Ryan. What a weasel and the Indians are whining crybabies - or maybe just greedy pigs. They deserve each other.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home