Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What Is Going On in Iran?

I was at World Net Daily and read that there was rioting in Iran. Now to be blunt, World Net Daily is a site where you double check all stories. (In their hurry to get a scoop they make almost as many mistakes as CBS News.)

Apparently there is some truth to this story. Iran Focus has no fewer than five postings on the riots right now. Cars are being burned, posters of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and former Iranian leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini are also being burned. Security forces are now attempting to bring order back to the areas. Most of the rioters are young people and encouraging it all is the main Iranian opposition group, Mojahedin-e Khalq.

I dare not hope that this marks the end of the current regime in Iran, but It does mark that Iran may have to deal with internal difficulties as well as launch its holy war against the entire world.

10 Comments:

Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Heh.
Internal strife is good sometimes.

They are due for a change, and I think many of their people want it...

8:43 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Thanks for the article SR. I'm trying to get some information on Iran's nuclear program and their government. I need more hours in my day. Also, I didn't know that about WND. I'm a rookie.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Sounds like progress to me!!

11:26 PM  
Blogger ABFreedom said...

Not gonna get my hopes up on this to much. They are really good a crushing opposition internally.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

To answer Neo's question: The AH64D carries 8 Hellfires (4 on each wing), two rocket launcher pods, each carrying 19 rockets (one rocket laucher on each wing) and a machine gun carrying I don't know how many thousands of rounds of ammo between the front struts.

How, you may ask, do I know this? I don't. I asked my husband because he used to work on the AH64A which has been updated to the AH64D since he retired. The older Apache only carried 4 Hellfires.

Regarding your post, I would like to think this marks the end of the current regime, but that does seem too much to hope for. Internal diffuculties are good though. It might bog them down some. :)

12:38 AM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Cool Gayle! I love our military! Neo - always a great answer!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I understand perfectly, Neo. I feel the same way! :)

So where is Shoprat?

9:04 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

You learn something every day.

Gayle at 7;15 AM I was painting Chrysler bumpers at work.

Neo I would have to say Iran has major problems. Will it help us or slow them down? Time will tell.

LP WND is a good "heads up" source of news and rumors, but they are to quick to report things as true.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Perhaps the Iranian people are listening to their president, and realize this guy is leading them down the path to certain war & distruction.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Tom- you had the most intelligent retort of all...

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home