Friday, March 17, 2006

Teaching to Hate

It wasn't that long ago that two 13 year old girls raised eyebrows as Prussian Blue. Not a lot needs to be said about them but I wonder if there isn't more similarities between them and Autumn Ashante, then differences. The only differences between them is the color of skin they have and the color of skin they have been taught to hate; beyond that they have no discernable differences (and I consider skin color morally irrelevant).

Autumn Ashante is a 7 year old girl who recently recited a poem called "White Nationalism Put U In Bondage," and the whole story is heartbreaking that such a smart little girl would be taught to hate an entire segment of our population. Disapproval of someone's behavior, beliefs or conduct is one thing and can be quite acceptable - depending on circumstances, but hatred of a mere skin-color or ethnicity is ridiculous. (Some people do need to learn the difference between disapproval and hatred, but that is another subject entirely.)

She also called for a pledge that she only allowed blacks to say. Michelle Malkin has the entire pledge and her poem quoted at Conservative Voice.

I do not hate or dislike this little girl. I pity her just like I pity those two teenagers of minimum talent in Prussian Blue, because a heart full of hate can never know joy. They are all being taught to hate, not disapproval but hate for something that does not matter. I support the right of parents to raise their children according to their beliefs and values, and I am afraid that is where the real problem lies; it lies with their parents.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dionne said...

Well said!! And its parents like these who give homeschooling a bad name.

This is a very sad commentary about our society and as long as we have racist parents like this racism issues won't get a whole lot better. The good news is I think these kinds of parents are in the minority.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

And I believe you are right. It does indeed lie with their parents.

I truly don't hate anyone for the color of their skin, and I don't run into bigotry either way in the area I live in. It's when I drive into the "big city" that I encounter it. And it's not been, at least not lately, whites being rude to blacks, but the other way around.

My husband was called a "white honkey bastard" by a black woman the other day simply because we accidentally walked into the exit door of a department store instead of the entrance door! I couldn't believe it. My husband takes these things in stride, but I have to admit I flared. Protective of me and mine is what I am. I should have just considered the source, but instead I took a swing at her. Fortunately my husband grabbed my arm. I probably would've wound up in jail if I had hit her. My patience though, seems to be dwindling as I get older. I guess I'll have to pray about that.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

And the problems of hate and intolerance won't go away as long as we teach kids, like the three you mention, that someone else is always to blame.

5:04 AM  
Blogger ABFreedom said...

Great post Shoprat, and CP made the point. Ever since the right entitlement was handed out because you may be feeling oppressed , there have been nothing but problems. People no longer feel they are responsible for anything.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Joubert said...

Sadly, it's more than just her parents' fault. There's a huge segment of the black population that thinks like that. Even sadder is that they think they're entitled to be racist. I confronted one black guy on another blog about this and he said to me he couldn't be racist because he is black. Only whites can be racist because racism is oppression. Of course the race pimps like Jesse Jackson cater to this. Well, all the liberals cater to it.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home