Sunday, April 23, 2006

Alice Cooper Speaks

I have known for some time that Shock-Rocker Alice Cooper had converted to Christianity, but I hadn't heard much of what he says about it. WorldNetDaily has a brief article which includes some comments by him. For the most part I agree with him and I only disagree with him when he says that

When people say, 'How do you believe this? Why do you believe this?' I just say nothing else speaks to my heart. This doesn't speak to my intellect, it doesn't speak to my logic -- it speaks right to my heart and right to my soul, deeper than anything I've ever thought of. And I totally believe it.

Mr Cooper, faith involves intellect and it can't speak truly to your heart without being in harmony with your intellect and logic. People trying to seperate faith and logic is not only illogical but destructive to faith as well. There is nothing irrational about Bible Christianity and don't be afraid to use your head as well as your heart.

However I found is next line very good.

That being said, I'm not a very good Christian. I mean, none of us are ever 'good' Christians. That's not the point. When you're a Christian, it doesn't mean you're going to be good; it means you've got a harder road to pull.

I think all true Christians feel that way a lot. As far as Christianity and Rock & Roll goes, I have always loved the Ressurection Band, Petra and other Christian rockers. I also happen to like a lot of secular rock, especially former Michiganders Ted Nugent and Bob Seger. The belief that Rock & Roll is inherently Satanic is cultural prejudice and nothing more. (Some is definitely Satanic but so is some Country Western and Mellow music as well.)

4 Comments:

Blogger juanitagf said...

I hadn't heard this. Love the truth about "'good' Christians." That is it exactly.

You have been tagged...

1:02 PM  
Blogger ABFreedom said...

Great post ... I didn't know that about him. Went to a couple of his concerts when I was younger, and you wouldn't have got that impression.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Good to know, Shoprat.

Some people say they don't go to church because churches are full of hypocrites. And that is exactly true. Why? Because we aren't perfect people just because we go to church. We are people who believe in Christ (Christians anyway) and who are attempting to be the best we can be as human beings, but we cannot ever be perfect. Only Christ, out of all the people who ever walked the earth, achieved perfection.

6:33 PM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

There is nothing irrational about Bible Christianity and don't be afraid to use your head as well as your heart.

Well said, friend.
Well said.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home