Saturday, April 22, 2006

Have I Got A Deal For You

I believe it was P. T. Barnum of The Barnum and Bailey Circus who was first recorded as saying "There is a sucker born every minute." Some television producers have taken that to heart. Try something Like a television seance to speak to the ghost John Lennon, but you have to pay $9.95 to find out what he has to say.

I would like to speak to anyone who pays that money. I have a highly profitable tropical resort on the banks of the Yukon I'd like to sell.

At least one person associated with John Lennon is saying, "Tacky, exploitive, and far removed from the icon's way of life." You know I thought I would never agree with those people on anything yet I have to agree with that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Shoprat, we have got to come up with a money making scheme like this! Why shouldn't two guys from Michigan cash in on all of that stupidity out there? So you put your thinking cap on and I'll do the same, and who knows? Maybe we could even charge $8.95 for a consult with Napoleon or something. What about MLK Jr. or JFK? We would attract the bargain shopper. All we need is a cool website with some babes on it and the sky is the limit! Don't be affraid to think BIG!

2:37 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

I have come up with a lot of scams in my day, but I am sorry to say that I have conscience that would torture me for the rest of my life. Years ago I sold Kirby vacuums door to door for about 2 weeks and I still am bothered inside about the people I sold them to. I wonder if these people have any sense of empathy at all.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

They'll go for it too. More money than sense.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

You are starting to think like a "liberal"

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home