Monday, April 03, 2006

Guess I'm Not A "Right Wing Nut"

Eye of the Storm blog had a link to a quick quiz that would determine just how far to the left or right you are politically in several areas. I found the answers offered to be much too limiting but I did the best I could and this how I came out. And I always get told I'm a right wing extremist. Hmmm.

Updated 4/4/07

I have examined the questions and I have figured out how come I am considered so highly liberal. The personal prejudice of whoever wrote the quiz came through as I realized they made a wrong assumption:

Conservative = Selfish.

I am not an extremely selfish person but I am conservative. The quiz mistakenly equated my concern for others as liberalism. Actually some of the most liberal people I know are extremely selfish.












Your Political Profile



Overall: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Social Issues: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal

Personal Responsibility: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Fiscal Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Ethics: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Defense and Crime: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal




9 Comments:

Blogger ABFreedom said...

Mine were:
Overall: 90% C, 10% L
Social Issues: 100% C, 0% L
Personal Responsibility: 75% C, 25% L
Fiscal Issues: 100% C, 0% L
Ethics: 75% C, 25% L
Defense and Crime: 100% C, 0% L

But like you, I didn't like some of the questions.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

I didn't like some of the questions either. Here's how I turned out:

Overall: 75% C, 25% L
Social Issues: 75% C, 25% L
Personal Responsibility: 50% C, 50% L
Fiscal Issues: 100% C, 0% L
Ethics: 50% C, 50% L
Defense and Crime: 100% C, 0% L

Hey! We're pretty close Shoprat!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

ESR, LP. Maybe you two should get married! Sounds like a match.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I took this over at Mary Anne's blog: Eye of the Storm.

I'm supposedly 85% Conservative overall.

I don't understand how they came up with that, when the rest of the results showed 100% conservative and 0% liberal! It makes no sense to me.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

We sure wouldn't have much to fight about!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

The questions were written by a leftie and reflect leftie ideas about what it means to be conservative.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

PJC-You ARE a right wing nut!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I was 85% conservative overall like Gayle. I think there's something screwy with this quiz :-).

12:07 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

What is screwy about this quiz is that its creator equated conservatism with greed, showing their own bias.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home