Sunday, July 16, 2006

Busy Weekend

I spent virtually the entire weekend with my family as we celebrated my parents' Golden Anniversary.

My brother from Florida was here along with his son and younger daughter and his wife, whom I don't get to see often enough. They arrived in the middle of a cloudburst. The only one's missing was a brother who was out of state working, a niece who couldn't get time off to come to Michigan, and a nephew in Army basic training.

One of the cuter sights was my young (6 yo) niece chasing fireflies and filling a canning jar with them. Suprisingly, to me anyway, they are very rare in their neck of the woods, and she and her older brother (22 yo) were both fascinated by them.

They swam in a pond instead of the ocean.

We went back into the woods behind our parents' home and found the remains of a clubhouse we built nearly 40 years ago. (Apparently after we abandoned it, someone used it as a hideout to drink in as there were signs of long ago drinking, which we didn't do, there.)

We had a good sized dinner with friends and extended family this afternoon. It was catered so we didn't have to clean up afterwards.

Didn't get to blog much, but should be back tomorrow.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

Family comes first, and it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

10:53 PM  
Blogger juanitagf said...

Gayle's right. Family comes first. Blooger buddies run a close second though...

1:45 AM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

That sounds so wonderful! I could picture it as I was reading.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Sounds great!!!!!!!!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Sounds like an awesome time. It's always great to get to reconnect with family.

8:20 PM  
Blogger ABFreedom said...

Sounds great ... I can't remember the last time I've been to a family get together thing...

9:03 PM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Sounds like a great time.
Congrats again to the happy couple!!!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home