Friday, September 22, 2006

I Thought I Just Posted on this

A few days ago I did a post on my concern about fraudulent voting, which I consider the largest internal threat to a true representative government -- far larger than the supposed voting machine manipulation.

Now the Senate is working on legislation to require photo ID's for all voters in federal elections. A very good idea and long overdue!!

Harry Reid's thoughts on this: "Worst of all, this bill recalls a dark era in our nation when individuals were required to pay a poll tax to cast their ballot and has been termed a 21st century poll tax," Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid of Nevada and three other Democrats wrote in a letter to Frist, a Tennessee Republican.

This is not a poll tax but an attempt to keep voting honest. Things can be done to ensure that the poor can get IDs. They probably already have them as you need them for state and federal assistance and if they work, they probably need them to get their paychecks cashed. Very few people do not have photo IDs and getting them for these people is not a problem.

I also think we should copy what the Afghans and Iraqis did and dip our thumbs in ink when we vote to cut back on fraudulent voting.

I wonder why Harry Reid is so unconcerned about fraudulent voting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Similar views as Armed and Christian Shop, but something has to be done obviously. Harry Reid? If he got his rearend voted out he'd be the first crying foul over what the Republicans is trying to fix. I'd like to see him get the Tom Daschle treatment by his constituents. What PITA that guy is.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

The left looks on illegals as a source of votes, and love voter fraud.

Since all I need is a valid utility bill here to vote, I could grab one or two of the one's that get misdirected to me regularly, and vote as a bunch of folks. If I needed an actual picture ID, that would be a lot tougher.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home