Tuesday, November 21, 2006

An Attitude of Gratitude

Thanksgiving is around the corner, and to hear some of the talk of some people I work with, there is nothing to be thankful for this year.

Hmmm.

Income. I still have a job and I know people who don't, some of whom are more deserving than I. That job is uncertain but it has been uncertain for some time now and "one day at a time" has taken us a long ways in the last few months. However, I have made about 30% more at that job so far this year than I did all of last year. Financially, I am in somewhat better shape than I was a year ago.

I have reasonably good health and no serious unmet needs. I have not lost a friend or family member this year (so far). Most of my family will be together Thursday and that alone is worthy of Thanks.

Hey God!!!

Thank You!!!!

But part of gratitude is remembering those who do have needs, and no matter how badly we think we have it, there are those who are worse off. We complain about how hard it is to get anywhere in this country while we literally can't keep out the ones who want to come here to share what we've got. Blessed beyond blessing, and many of us only complain.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Every night at dinner I lead my family in this prayer "come Lord Jesus, be our guest, and may these gifts to us be blessed". Not only the food that we eat, but the love of each other, a stable job, health, happiness and warm bed. I truly have much to be thankful for indeed, as do all of us who reside in this great land.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Well said and I wholeheartedly agree!!!!!!

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home