Wednesday, November 15, 2006

What Are They Talking About?

Iran is again threatening Israel, as if they had ever stopped. They are claiming the war to wipe out Israel is coming, but one of Iran's claims caught my eye.

Just as in one 33-day war more than 50 percent of Israel was destroyed, and the hope of its supporters for the continued life of this regime was broken, it is likely that in the next battle, the second half will also collapse.

Forgive me if I failed to notice something, but when was half of Israel destroyed? It's military is intact and they suffered considerably fewer deaths than the Hezzies did.

I read the Iranian President's dream of the bringing the hidden Imam or the dream of the Temple Mount Faithful to usher in the Messianic age and I get concerned. While I am emotionally sympathetic to the cause of the Temple Mount Faithful, I believe his effort to force the Apocalypse is foolish. I too believe in the Second Coming, and think it may be very close, but I feel no need to make it happen. I can neither cause, help, hinder, nor prevent the Apocalypse; nor can any other human. When it happens there will be much suffering and death, and I do not wish for that to happen.

I do believe however, that God will protect Israel from total destruction.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Iran gets to develop nukes, it's all for not, and Israel will take action before that happens...

9:41 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Yes, God will protect Israel.

On another note I wanted to let you know that I liked your comments so much on my Iron Jawed Angels post that I added them as an update to the post. You managed to say exactly what I was thinking and added stuff that I thought was excellent. Thanks!!

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you hear? Israel has made some statements about bombing Iran and...

Iran has COMPLAINED to the UN about it!

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/014064.php

Can you believe it? Iran threatens to blow Israel off the map, then Israel tells Iran that it will bomb them first, and then Iran complains to the UN! What a bunch of whiners! It's pretty funny if it weren't so damned grim.

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup - that's what i'd do too - run to the UN..........sheesh....

9:39 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

I don't know if Christ will return in the way that you envision. I hardly think Israel will be protected in WWIII. Call me a skeptic.

11:28 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

A&C Priorities man! Priorities!

abf I think Israel is very likely to do what it has to do.

lmc amen

atheling2 Israel is "morally obligated" to allow the arabs to destroy them (in the minds of some.)

dm UN, like they'd do something

tim respectfully disagree.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home