Monday, November 12, 2007

Favorite Actor/Actress and Movie

I was asked by American Power to post about my favorite actor and movie.

Favorite actor? You know I really don't have one though there are several that I really like. Arnie of course, when he was younger, could not be beat as an action hero and I can only think of one movie of his that I did not enjoy. I also like Tom Hanks, Brendan Frazier, and Bill Murray (though he is getting up in years.)

Favorite actress? Either Meg Ryan or Drew Barrymore.

Let's face it. Arnie did some really enjoyable movies. He was Conan. He also was great in Commando, True Lies (an all time favorite of mine), and Total Recall. His comedies were also great with my favorites being Twins and The Villain.

My favorite movie is a bit ironic in that I don't care for the main star and that is Legend starring Tom Cruise. I love its surrealism and its romantic atmosphere. And Tim Curry playing a demon in that movie is good too. This movie was made before Scientology got ahold of Tom's mind and twisted it.

Of course I still love the first Star Wars Trilogy, (the second trilogy wasn't bad but falls way short of the first.), all three Indiana Jones movies, The Lord of the Rings, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and (in spite of the recent nonsense about Dumbledore) the Harry Potter movies. Old movies that I love include Harvey and Arsenic and Old Lace. I am not too much of a fan of war movies, though I do enjoy the mostly historical ones such as Gods and Generals or Midway. My favorite westerns are also comedies, the Trinity movies.

My favorite religious movie is Joshua which portrays Jesus (looking the part of a modern man) visiting a modern community and interacting with the people of that town. He manages to touch, help and improve everyone he encounters, including (ultimately) a clergyman who believes that he is an evil influence. I also appreciate the scene where he encounters a fake miracle worker, and instead of condemning him, looks into his heart and sees a genuine but misguided desire to help people and shows him the way.

My favorite musical, you're not going to believe this is, is Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella staring Lesley Ann Warren. I can't explain why, even to myself, but I do enjoy watching it. I think I enjoy how Lesley Ann Warren manages to portray a "country bumpkin" personality that even a princess costume couldn't hide. Neither Brandy nor Julie Andrews captured the personality that Miss Warren did. Plus I kind of like it when the Prince recognizes her before puts the glass slipper on her. (which you would think a man in love would do.)



My favorite animated movie is Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland. Don't ask why cuz I don't know but I enjoy watching it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dionne said...

Yah, that was a fun post that Donald did. I'll have to jump on the bandwagon and do something similar since its been awhile since I've focused on movies/tv.

I too like Meg Ryan and Drew Barrymore. I loved Arnold in Twins, Kindergarten Cop and Junior.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Wow, that opens a huge door about various movies and categories!

BZ

12:13 AM  
Blogger Joubert said...

There is something very sweet and vulnerable about Drew Barrymore and she has those old-fashioned looks of Ethel.

Alice in Wonderland is brilliant.

12:38 AM  
Blogger BB-Idaho said...

"I also like Tom Hanks, Brendan Frazier, and Bill Murray.."
Me too.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew Barrymore is a smokin' fox! Whoa.

5:57 PM  
Blogger benning said...

"Legend" is a wonderful film! I'm surprised you saw it. It seems to be overlooked by most. A young, very pretty Mia Sara, Tim Curry in a ton of make-up but amazingly evil, though in love, and that young Tom working with the little people to save his girl.

Great fantasy film!

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home