Thursday, November 01, 2007

Racism

A lot of bloggers have been hitting on the nonsense that is going on at the University of Delaware and nonsense is the kindest thing I can call it. They have wisely decided not to go through with the program. Still they are saying it was misunderstood

How do you misunderstand this?

"A RACIST: A racist is one who is both privileged and socialized on the basis of race by a white supremacist (racist) system. 'The term applies to all white people (i.e., people of European descent) living in the United States, regardless of class, gender, religion, culture or sexuality. By this definition, people of color cannot be racists, because as peoples within the U.S. system, they do not have the power to back up their prejudices, hostilities, or acts of discrimination….'

Sorry but that is not my definition of a racist. A racist is someone who believes that skin color is a relevant factor in one's worth as a human being. A white man who hates blacks and a black man who hates whites have no moral difference at all but are a genuine example of a true moral equivalence. They are both racists.

Racism will not disappear through brain-washing or guilt-tripping but when what unites us becomes more important than what divides us.

I was once shown how two very similar small fish species (the neon tetra and the cardinal tetra) will avoid each other when they are in a tank with just them, but if other more different species are put in the tank the neons and cardinals suddenly form a common school. That simple illustration by a barely-able-to-think little fish demonstrates the solution to racism.

Look at a sports team! They (usually) don't worry about skin color on the field, in fact the only color they worry about is the color of the uniform. What great team would win if the white quarterback refuses to pass to the black wide-receiver or if a black basketball player refuses to pass to a white teammate with a clear shot. There are occasional race problems amongst athletes but on the field they generally know what really matters.

10 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

That paragraph describing a racist is among the most idiotic things I've ever read, Shoprat! That's what they're teaching our kids??? Thank God I sent my daughter to a technical college.

My black handyman would be very surprised to learn that I'm a racist. He says Walt and I treat him like a prince. He said if this were back in the days of slavery he wouldn't have wanted to leave, but I can't see myself ever being comfortable with owning slaves.

9:40 PM  
Blogger AmPowerBlog said...

I agree with Gayle. Whoever wrote this needs to have their head examined.

I know from personal experience and academic study that hardline Jim Crow racism in the U.S. is an extreme minority view today.

This manifesto was written by someone brainwashed by the most whacked-out multiculturalists imaginable.

10:23 PM  
Blogger benning said...

You're right. I read the different descriptions for their brainwashing program. Utterly un-American. But not that surprising in our Elite Halls of Academe.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Liberals never cease to amaze me, unbelievable!!!!!!!!

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the kind of stuff that just makes people roll their eyes and not take true racism seriously. Obviously all whites are not racist. Also, there are plenty of blacks who have benefited from the "racist system" because they have been co-opted by a certain 4 letter word:work.

6:44 AM  
Blogger dons_mind said...

gotta admit i have not been following whatever the story is behind this one. i'm going to go look it up and catch up. that definition is pretty sick.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Joubert said...

I'm glad to hear that the University of Delaware is backtracking.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I caught that the other day on Bootz's website and have to say I was completely unsurprised. It's so seldom you see a non-liberal professor/instructor/teacher that this type of crap has become commonplace. Between the anti-American/anti-Christian/Anti-White/Feminazi attitudes and the protection afforded them by the "system" ... I'm surprised they even back down when their crap sees the light of day.
After all, look how long it took to do something about Ward Churchill ... and much of his failings (plagarism, intellectual property theft, etc) was criminal.
As far as I'm concerned, the only thing worse than the government school system (and it's unions) is the taxpayer supported halls of Higher Learning (.... and by Higher, I do mean because of too much cannabis smoke!)

2:21 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Those tetra remind me of my kids. When they were fighting, I gave them a common enemy...me! They were so mad at me, they decided to cooperate with each other. BTW...horses are prejudice to color also.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Bob's Blog said...

This is a very well written, powerful post, Shoprat. I wrote about racism today, too, as it manifests itself in the child welfare system. We need to keep on speaking up, and take this issue away from the Dems, who only keep people of color dependent on their liberal programs.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home