Saturday, April 05, 2008

Immigration Again

There may well be another side to this story as the city's response does seem reasonable, yet with so many towns choosing to ignore our immigration laws it is probably pretty accurate.



I did a Yahoo search on Jupiter, Florida and immigration and I found quite a few lawyers advertising to help with deportation problems so there is someone there defending the "defenseless" but also came across quite a few disturbing, but often unsubstantiated stories. Things are happening there.

Then there was a little incident involving an American Flag. (For the record - - Florida never was part of Mexico.)

If the city is protecting illegals for any reason whatsoever, they need to lose all Federal Funding until the sanctuary policy ends. But make sure they are indeed violating it first.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

ARRRGG! You're right, Florida was never a part of Mexico! Sheesh this stuff makes me angry!

About the officer, I don't know. Does he have a grudge or is he absolutely accurate in his assessment? I do know that I don't believe any cities in this country have the right to ignore federal law. I think those that do should be denied federal funds, period.

11:49 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Gayle
There are Federal Laws that are unconstitutional and the cities should be allowed to ignore them but immigration laws do not come under that heading.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Bob's Blog said...

Sounds like a good cop to me.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds to me, if the cop is accurate, as if Jupiter is just another sanctuary city.

My best friend, a union carpenter who retired early on a disability pension, lives in a small town about 60 miles outside N.Y.C. On one of my visits, he took me for a tour of beau coup under-construction houses that were being built by entirely illegal immigrant work crews and even showed me a place that puts them up, dormitory style, and evidently the city has no intention of enforcing immigration laws where they are concerned, despite the number of local tradesman who have been put out of work as a result.

This leads me to believe that towns like his and towns like Jupiter are run by corrupt politicians who accept bribes -- er, excuse me, campaign contributions, from developers, construction company owners and others who prefer to produce both off the books and on the cheap, legitimate workers be damned.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home