Monday, December 01, 2008

I'm Tagged

Well first off I am back for a while. While the prognosis isn't stellar Dad is improving considerably and Thanksgiving went very well. The only thing I missed was my computer.

Now I have been tagged over at Don's Mind.

I have to say seven odd or random things about myself.

1. I have never in my life smoked a cigarette.

2. In spite of my being reasonably intelligent I am totally bewildered by an automobile engine. I understand the theory and how they work, but you don't want me anywhere near your car with tools.

3. I can read and write in Koine Greek and Classical Hebrew.

4. I have no tattoos or artistic body piercings of any sort.

5. I Once (about 20 years ago) programmed a Radio Shack CoCo-64 computer to play Centipede having written the program in Basic from scratch. It was very very very slooooow. But it worked.

6. When I was in the Navy I was promoted to E-4 on my 19th Birthday.

7. I once was dating a young woman when we discovered that we were, not really distant but not closely either, related. (Close enough to surprise us but distant enough that it wouldn't have really mattered.)

I'm not sure about tagging anyone.

Any volunteers?

4 Comments:

Blogger dons_mind said...

hey - that's pretty cool stuff! from reading your blog for a while now i knew about the reading and writing of greek and hebrew...and i knew you didn't have any tattoos...

sometimes those meme things are cool...but i promise it won't happen again! i think i'll look for volunteers myself the next time someone gets me! lol

tks for participating....

6:26 PM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

GLAD to read that your Dad is actually doing better! The great thing also: MY Dad is doing better also. He finally got out of the hospital and is back into a skilled nursing facility. It's a helluva lot better than a hospital!

BZ

7:46 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

BZ I am glad to hear about your father as well.

2:04 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

You don't sound odd at all, Shoprat. You sound interesting! :)

I'm very happy to hear that your dad is doing better and that you had a nice Thanksgiving.

I was tagged by Don too. I worked it into my last post.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home