Friday, November 14, 2008

A Start

No one is denying that America is in trouble except for a very few. This problem cannot be blamed (entirely) on the politicians of either party as I believe we would be just as bad off, or worse, had the 2000, 04, or for that matter the 06 election gone any differently. Greed is rampant from the Wall Street people who want massive returns on their investments, the poor who demand something for nothing in the form of welfare, or the workers who demand massive pay for very little work, to celebrities getting 8 figure incomes for no good reason, to politicians taking bribes to people of every level demanding more, more, more while doing and giving less, less, less. There is no moral difference between massive bonuses and dividends for the wealthy that are unearned and the welfare checks for the poor that are equally unearned. The day that people figured out that they could get something for nothing or for very little this country began to decline.

No adult in this country, or any other nation on earth is innocent.

Obama and the left cannot solve the problem for they are but another symptom of the problem. The right cannot solve it because it's unwilling to tackle the real issues of universal greed and absolute selfishness. It's more than selfishness but it's also drunkenness, sexual immorality, drug abuse, money squandered on pointless things and out of control arrogance. Politicians of every stripe talk about immorality during the elections and then practice it after elected. Some will go so far as to deny the significance of immorality.

Can we do anything?

Yes!

If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sins, and I will heal their land. II Chronicles 7:14

Start by confessing your own sins and our collective sins. Humble yourself before God. That is the only way to turn it around. If you think you have personally done nothing to bring this about or are 100% a victim of this then you need to do some serious soul searching. We need to humble ourselves, pray, seek His face, and REPENT of our sins.

And that is only the start. And it probably won't bring results overnight. Nothing will happen without God's blessings so it must start there.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pasadena Closet Conservative said...

I was touched by this poignant post. Thanks.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Z said...

I'm very touched by this, too. Thanks, shoprat.

How can ANYONE, atheist or faithful, not tie together the time when we took God out of the schools and began to mock him at every turn and the time when our country's morality started a steep decline? It's hand in hand.

God, forgive us....help us all to come back. Amen.

1:03 AM  
Blogger christian soldier said...

I've been praying that all Christians will put on the Full Armour (Eph.6) and act upon Christ's command to "Occupy Til I come.."(Lk 19-KJV) He won the field of battle...
Both are military (warfare and occupation) terms-that means we gave up the high ground over time -the arts-'political'-industrial-etc.by allowing PC and the 501c3 to silence us...
I'm getting long winded ...:-)
I'll put the rest on my site --tomorrow (-: :-)
C-CS

3:04 AM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Yes, Shop, I've been doing some soul searching of my own recently, trying to figure out a plan of attack. I'm not quite sure what my role in the downturn has been but I know that I've certainly been challenged in terms of coming to grips with the Lord. Perhaps there have been times where I could have been more understanding or more flexible; I just know that I've been doing what I believe is right. But of course, I fully realize I need to clean up my own personal act on many levels, even at my, uh, advanced age. I am far from perfect.

This is a time for reflection, rearrangement, evaluation, planning and introspection if ever there was one.

BZ

8:07 PM  
Blogger Ducky's here said...

z, are the L.A. fires God's retribution for the Proposition 8 vote?

12:31 PM  
Blogger I.H.S. said...

Very well said shoprat, I applaud the God in you that provided the words you put down. Blessings!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home