Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another Must See Blog

I am always happy to find a blog like this one.

Yes indeed.

The Doctor is In starring Dr Bob.

Here is a little taste of what he writes.

The revolution which started in the 60s with the “me” generation is bearing its bitter fruit — though its aging proponents will never admit it. And sadly, there’s no going back: the changes which have infiltrated and infected the culture, inoculated through education, media, entertainment, scientific rationalism, and a relentless and highly successful assault on reason and tradition, are permanent, and their consequences will only grow in magnitude.

So it’s time for a counter-revolution.

There is an alternative to our current cultural narcissism with its corrosive, calloused, destructive bent. It is not a new government program, nor a political movement; no demonstrations in the street, no marches on Washington. Its core ideology is over 2000 years old, and the foot soldiers of the revolution are already widely dispersed throughout the culture.

This revolutionary force is called Christianity, and it’s long past time to raise the banner and spring into action.

The true antidote to the nihilism and corruption of the age will be found, as it has always been, in the church. It has since its inception been a revolutionary force, transforming the hopeless and purposeless anarchy of the pagan world of its infancy by bringing light, hope and joy where there was none before.

It can happen again.

What more can be said?

Be sure to pay the good doctor a visit.

11 Comments:

Blogger dons_mind said...

while i certainly don't disagree with the good doctor, i think we need to be careful about suggesting a religious counter-revolution. brings to mind the infamous spanish inquisition! there are extremists on both sides of this one......

9:12 PM  
Blogger I.H.S. said...

I read it shoprat, and I can say is, "Amen"

Blessings!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I'll check out his blog, Shoprat. Thanks!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Okay, I read his post, and find that I am in total agreement. He is not talking about picking up guns and shooting everyone who doesn't agree with us. LOL! The post makes perfect sense. Thanks for linking to it, Shoprat.

11:36 AM  
Blogger christian soldier said...

Well-you found another GOOD one-shoprat--
Thank you-
I'm adding it to my blog list....
C-CS

11:58 AM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

A DOCTOR wrote that?? Shirley you can't be joking, and please don't call me Shirley. I'm not a massive advocate of Man's organized religions; I embrace the TENETS advocated by religion. 10 Commandments? How can you go wrong?

BZ

2:04 PM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Also, I'd be interested in your thoughts on the comment I left on his blog in re that post.

BZ

2:42 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

BZ my father spent time in a Rehab Center and a separate specialized care center associated with a hospital. The rehab center nurses were magnificent and my father was almost happy there because they were so good to him. The specialized care center was coldly professional and sometimes competent and he wasn't happy there. I guess there have always been good and bad medical professionals but I am concerned about the ratio shift toward the bad. Fortunately my father does not need a nursing home at this point in time though we don't know how long this will last.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Z said...

Sadly, I believe our churches are so liberal by now that this might not hold up, though I thoroughly agree with the good Doctor...and I think I've been to his site before and will check it out again.
Thanks..xxx

11:39 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Thanks for the heads up on this one! It will become part of my regular reading.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Ducky's here said...

Ain't going to happen shoprat because Christianity (and the right also) in America has lost its way.

What are you offering?

Hate Islam and trash a country with an unprovoked, unilateral invasion?

Deny civil rights because of some obscure sentence in the tribal texts of a bunch of goat herders?

Encourage massive wealth transfers upward because the religious right sits around and dreams that God will make them wealthy and they sure don't want any of those unfair taxes (unless it pays for welfare checks to Israel or bombing up some uppity country or other useful stuff)

Sorry shoprat but I take a less jaundiced view of the 60's. Civil rights movement, women's rights, gay rights ... a lot got done and a lot got crippled by St. Ronnie Raygun's laissez-faire machine which has come full circle in an economic deluge you ain't gonna believe.

So let me know what you've got. Other than whining about the left let's have an example because these last eight years and the human filth you put in power didn't cut it.

What have you got? Other than a few aphorisms.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home