Friday, August 21, 2009

How Far Away Is the Private Manned Launch

A private company is going to succeed where the government is dropping the ball.


Perhaps that's how it should be.


Private enterprise is cheaper and more efficient than the government because it has to be. It has competition and needs profit to survive so it has to be more efficient and cheaper without being more dangerous. The Dragon may well be doing this two to three years before the Orion is ready. You can be sure that NASA will be all over this once it works.


And it will work.


Watch the Dragon spread its wings and soar.




Beautiful. What other word is there for it.


Will private enterprise be the next to walk on the moon? I wouldn't be surprised.

11 Comments:

Blogger Always On Watch said...

How much is the fare? **wink**

1:47 PM  
Blogger dons_mind said...

wow....sign me up......

5:10 PM  
Blogger Z said...

I wouldn't go if you paid me 2347234897 million bucks. I'm THAT chicken!
VERY interesting thought that a private enterprise would walk on the moon. I hope it's an American group!
I hope they have health care :-)

12:27 AM  
Blogger Average American said...

I hope they take NObama, Piglosi, Reid, and Barney with them and LEAVE them there!

3:36 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

AOW I am sure it would 7 if not 8 figures.

dm me first

Z I would be the first to go.

AA Let's take them on the first flight to Pluto, or better yet, Sedna (Even further away.)

7:10 AM  
Blogger christian soldier said...

OK-I've got to elevate my vision--from my own jet to a space ship!!-----AWESOME!!!!
Thanks - SR!!
C-CS

10:20 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Private industry is ALWAYS more effecient than government because government runs by bureaucracy, which gets larger and more cumbersome by the minute, while private industry runs by sound engeneering and business principles.

I'd love to go, but I'm not sure they can build a booster powerful enough to get me off the ground.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

You know, I submit that's not entirely impossible.

BZ

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spoken like a TRUE trooper.
Thank you my good friend. Very well done.

10:42 AM  
Blogger NEO, SOC said...

The graphics are amazing! I have programs that can render at this quality.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

This technology looks awfully like the stuff developed by NASA, a govt. agency. Just what exactly did they innovate?

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home