Sunday, January 17, 2010

It Was a Rough Weekend

Friday Night, about 40 minutes before my shift ended, I got a phone call from my brother who was very upset. Dad had just had a heart attack. I immediately arranged for someone to take my Saturday Shift and headed right up as soon my shift ended. I arrived at Bay Regional Medical Center at about 11:30 and saw my father. He looked at me and took my hand.

They have given medicine that stabilizes him but at the moment it appears to be only a matter of time now. It may be a few days or a few months but, short of Divine Intervention, he's not going to get better this time. Prayers are requested.


Blogger Chuck said...

We're with you. Hang in there Shoprat

1:47 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Prayers on the way...

2:10 PM  
Blogger christian soldier said...

You've got them!!!!

5:50 PM  
Blogger dons_mind said...

lots of prayers headed your way shipmate.....hang in there....

6:53 PM  
Blogger Z said...

praying now, dear friend. I'm so sorry to hear this.
God bless you and your family. xxx

8:03 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Our prayers are with you.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Sorry to see this news, my prayers are with you and your family.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Ducky's here said...

Sorry shoprat, I hope he is as comfortable as possible and I hope his family is with him.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Pasadena Closet Conservative said...

God bless you. Please keep us posted.

3:34 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Thanks all for the prayers and thoughts. I don't think it's going to be too much longer.

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Sorry to hear it. Losing your dad is tough. Hope things improve. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Steel yourself, sir. All our prayers are with your father, you and your family. For God's sake, don't do what I did the last night I saw my father. I made the mistaken assumption that he would be strong and last the night to another day. My wife whispered: "kiss your father." I didn't. I squeezed his hand instead, and left. He died a few hour later. I'll regret that as long as I live. Oh my God, how I regret that.


10:07 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Sorry about my recent absence in visiting your site. You know the reason: I've got my hands full with Mr. AOW's stroke recovery and related matters.

Anyway, so sorry to read this about your father.

When my father got ill in June of 1996, the doc said that Dad have 1-2 years of life remaining. Dad died exactly 18 months later.

But those 18 months were such quality time with Dad! The Lord was so good!

You are in my prayers.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Sorry I am late to the post, D.

Our prayers going up as well.

9:48 PM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

nhl jerseys
coach outlet store
ugg outlet
coach outlet
nike free run
oakley sunglasses
ugg boots
ugg boots
mbt shoes outlet
houston texans jerseys

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home