Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I Kind of Expected This

First sorry about the absence, but this is my second time on line this month.

I was talking to a friend who is running for the state legislature a few months ago and suggested that the state fulfill its Constitutionally permitted power of minting gold and silver coins (Article I, Section 10, clause 1 ) as a way to possibly head off the collapse of the dollar. I got a non-committal response from him and considering what all would be involved, I guess that might be the best you can get.

Where the government, even the best intentioned of good-guys, won't go the private citizens will often lead the way. Private interests are minting their own coins of gold and silver, and according to federal law it's legal as long as both parties agree to it. It's all legal as it is technically barter which the Obama hasn't outlawed YET. It's also, as the clip shows, permitted by federal law.

Update: The video has been removed from the archive. Here is the article instead.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Pretty flakey, but to each his own. I always figured cigarettes and ammo would be worth a helluva lot more than gold if the shit really hit the fan.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Ducky's here said...

Just buy Krugerrands if you're that fixated.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home