Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Not Good

I am not sure how much longer Mom is going to be alive.

I saw her last night and while she wasn't really conscious but she grasped my hand and refused to let go. It's hard seeing her with all those tubes in her nose, mouth and throat; she hardly even looks like herself.

Yesterday was my Dad's birthday and this was not the best birthday present he could get. My brother has moved Dad into his house which is good. Mom has been borderline competent at best for some time.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chuck said...

Hang in there friend

6:42 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I know these are difficult times for you and the whole family. As Chuck says, "Hang in there, friend."

We continue to pray for you and the family.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news.

10:03 PM  
Blogger dons_mind said...

sorry to hear the sad news about your mom shoprat.....our prayers will include you and your family...

10:20 PM  
Blogger Z said...

She refused to let your hand go....reminded me of what you said about regrets in your post below this which I just read; sounds like SHE doesn't have regrets, she just plain LOVES YOU.

I'll be praying for you and your family, friend. xxx

11:30 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Dear Lord, please be with your faithful servant during this difficult time. Bless him and his family. Let them feel the warmth of your everlasting love. Thank you for your promises that give us hope! Amen.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Gary said...

Praying...

10:25 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Tough days for you and your family, Shoprat.

You are in my prayers.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home