Sunday, May 09, 2010

Sunday, Mother's Day

It seems as if I am never on line anymore with so much going on.

Mom is doing better than I expected but she will not be coming home. She is going to a rehab center for a few weeks and then probably a nursing home from there. Dad, surprisingly, is willing to go to one provided he shares a room with Mom. He still loves and worries about her after 54 years. My mother has had issues most of her life and now, while she has largely recovered physically, talking to her still reminds me of the conversations from Alice in Wonderland.

I would like to stop preparing things and actually get my garden in but we are in a 3 - 4 day cold snap with freezing at night so I have to wait. I have to cover the bushes that have already been planted every night and go from there. Blasted global warming anyway.

My employer is purchasing an abandoned factory (plenty of those around here) and will be expanding a bit. He is picking up the production of a defunct company. The twenty to forty jobs he will be adding are welcome but far short of what this area needs. My county could use several hundred, if not a couple thousand, jobs. He also filmed a commercial in the plant last Wednesday. I saw them spiffing up one of the production machines and getting ready, but didn't see the filming nor have I seen it played.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

But won't that be a little concern off your plate if you can, in fact, get them a room together? I think that would be the most important thing to them -- getting to still see each other every day.

BZ

3:22 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Enjoy the day Shoprat.

Good news about the job too, that's one less thing to worry about

7:41 PM  
Blogger christian soldier said...

Your Dad and Mom together sounds like a good plan for your whole family!!--

So glad to hear that the employment picture is a little better in your area of MI...
Carol-CS

2:14 AM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

I hope that you can find a nursing home which allows for your Mom and Dad to share a room. So many nursing homes don't allow for that!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Pasadena Closet Conservative said...

You're a good son and a good man.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home