Sunday, February 12, 2006

Today Could Have Gone Better

This afternoon I was driving out to see my parents, who live 11 miles away in the country. As I hit the last stop light in town my car stalled and would not restart. I felt like an idiot standing there looking at my car trying to figure out what was wrong while cars drove by me. Finally I realized I was right across the street from a auto repair shop who had 2 signs; one said "Open" and the other said "Towing Service." One sign was correct, it was open, but the other was not exactly correct - as they had just sold their truck. They called another wrecker service who towed me back to my place. At least the price was not bad by local standards ($45 for just over a mile). It looks like I have to replace my starter.

:-(

Oh well.

2 Comments:

Blogger ABFreedom said...

Sorry to here that ... but me being a curious mind that i am has to ask .. "why did it stall" .. kind of unrelated to the starter .. yes/no?

10:15 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

I kind of thought the same thing. As I think about it I can think of several other things that could have the same results. I was still in a foul mood and not thinking clearly when I posted that.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home