Tuesday, March 07, 2006

An Educated IDIOT Speaks

Stop the presses! America has another major crisis! Actually it's American women facing another threat.

Seems that a feminist named Linda Hirshman is furious because of it. What is this terrible plague?

Here it is: ABC cited census data showing 54 percent of mothers with a graduate or professional degree no longer work full-time. This is bolstered by Hirshman’s own study of 30 women whose wedding announcements appeared in The New York Times in 2003 and 2004. Only 5 are now working full-time outside the home. Ten work part time. The rest lead lives unsatisfactory to Hirshman and her allies.

Dear, dear, dear (sigh)

Women are choosing to stay home and be mothers and raise their children. How dare they? Who do they think they are?

I do not criticise women who choose to (or have to) work but I for one say "hats off" to these women who are doing the most important job of all.

The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world!

7 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

I have just found your blog and have had a most enjoyable evening reading it.

2:27 AM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

It's good to see a man that feels this way. After I paid my babysitter, I made so little that my husband finally quit fighting me about staying home with the babies. He was so angry that I wanted to stay with them. Most days, I cried when I dropped them off.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Good news, Shoprat! Of course raising children is the most important job in the world. Look at the mess so many kids are in because the were raised by babysitters or were "latchkeye" kids. I think I was one of the very first "latchkey" kids, and it was not fun coming home from school to an empty house.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Oh, dear me. How perfectly awful that women are deciding to stay at home with their kids! Shows how logical femenists are.

5:37 PM  
Blogger juanitagf said...

I think Lone Pony is right. A lot of women spend so much on what they need to work (fuel, clothing, insurance, child care, dining out) that staying home would actually save money.

And that doesn't even take into account the importance of a mother's relationship with her children.

9:37 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Thanks PJC, I also took a look at and linked to your blog.

You're all right on the money but there is also the sad truth that many mothers need to work. And I do consider that a sad truth.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Joubert said...

And I have returned the compliment, Shoprat.

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home