Sunday, April 23, 2006

10 Simple Pleasures.

I haven't been tagged but I probably will be so I will beat you to the punch. 10 Simple pleasures.

1. Slow roasted chicken (or any game bird) with all the trimmings. That is eating at its best.

2. Seeing someone baptized. That brings tears to my eyes even if it is a total stranger.

3. Waking up and realizing you don't have to work today.

4. Innocent and cheerful rock and roll music (what they used to call bubble-gum music.)

5. A cloudless, moonless night with no bright lights and a million stars visible. (ok only a couple thousand can be seen at night with the naked eye but still . . .)

6. Swimming in the ocean, swimming pools just don't cut it.

7. The music of Strauss, Tchaikovsky, and Beethoven (in that order.)

8. Watching a small child discovering something new.

9. Hot dogs roasted over an open fire.

10. Watching a model rocket head for the sky.

Now no one can tag me and I can't be told to forward this. Heh heh heh.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony said...

I'm so glad you decided to do this!

...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Hugs Shoprat!

10:38 PM  
Blogger ABFreedom said...

Number 8 gets me every time ... It really gives you a warm feeling...... and number 8 ties in with number 10. I used to bring every kid in the neighborhood and watch their eyes light up when it was launched...

11:33 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

TIM's BEER CAN CHICKEN RECIPE

(it just doesn't get any better than this!)

1 roasting chicken

2 1/2 can of beer (drink the first half, THIS IS CRITICAL)

mix equal parts of brown sugar, garlic and black pepper together, then rub all over inside and out of chicken.

insert beer can up the rear of the chicken and put in a pot and cook at 275 for about 2 hours depending on the size of the bird.

baste occasionally with melted butter with a few drops of liquid smoke (available in the exotic sauses area of the grocery store).

You will know it is done when you get a nice crispy outside and the meat is just falling off the bone.
Just remember to remove the beer can before serving.The beer turns to steam and keeps the meat moist from the inside out.

A great side dish: dice up some red potatoes and toss them in olive oil.Then sprinkle garlic and Italian seaoning on, and let them cook in the same oven, covered.

12:29 PM  
Blogger juanitagf said...

Your #2 is true. It doesn't matter if you know them or not.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

I thougtht of tagging but didn't want to seem overly familiar since I don't know you that well yet but I'm glad you wrote your list. Mostly I don't like tags but this one was upbeat and nice.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: #6.

Mmmm... yes, but the critters freak me out. I don't do swim calls anymore.

12:48 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

LP This is better than putting people on the spot

ABF I am going to post about model rockets one of these days.

tim I have heard of that but never tried it.

jgf you're right

pjc I would have just posted without tagging.

rs critters are everywhere including the cities.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home