Wednesday, April 05, 2006

McKinney Gets a Grand Jury

Talk about much ado about nothing. Well it's not really nothing but it should not have reached this point. We all know what happened in Washington and now, according to USA Today, a grand jury is going to be investigating Rep Cindy McKinney (D - La La Land) and her run-in with the Capitol Police officer.

It appears that she is going to be the Defendant, because she broke the law by refusing to stop and by striking a police officer.

She claims that it is racist event and she is right. It is a racist incident because she is a racist.

There is this claim in Politically Correct thought that only a white person can be a racist because you have to be in a position of power to be racist. Well she is a Congresswoman which means she has power.

But the worst racism (against blacks) that I have ever encountered is among poor, uneducated whites. These (white) people are near the bottom of our society's pecking order. Following that logic, these people are not racists because they have no power.

Actually I think it's the other way around with very poor whites. No one wants to be at the bottom of society's ladder and if they see blacks as inherently inferior, then there is at least one group lower than them (in their minds) and the need to have someone below them is what accounts for their racism. It is sad that these people cannot raise themselves up so they try to hold others down in order to keep themselves off the bottom rung of society.

Furthermore, the idea that only whites can be racist is absurd in my thinking because this is my definition of racism: The belief that one's skin color is a significant factor, for good or for bad, in determining one's worth as person. Racism is wrong regardless of the skin color that does the hating and the skin color that is hated. I really don't even like calling a different skin color a race because there is only one race on this planet and that's the human race.

Cindy McKinney is a racist and needs to be called on her racism. I note with some satisfaction that other Democrats are not rallying to her defense.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony said...

I know what you mean about poor white people. My grandfather was a rancher in Mississippi, so I got to see both sides of black/white and poor/wealth. He would never let us show disrespect to his ranch hands, black or white. I grew up with black children as friends and I don't understand racism from either group.

I had a girl in class that would not mind me and had a terrible attitude. I took her out in the hall one day and tried to talk to her. The first thing she said was "you don't like me because I'm black." Well, I can argue VERY effectively when I know I'm right, so I let her have it. (Just like I would any other kid.) I let her know pretty quick exactly why I didn't "like" her and it had nothing to do with her skin color. She's actually doing a lot better after our talk. Yay!


I love what you said about the human race, "there is only one race on this planet and that's the human race." No color is better than another. Apparently, McKinney thought she was better than the security guard who stopped her.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Jugarum said...

you didn't know about Danny Glover being a communist nutcase NEO?

Here's an article you might find interesting Glover

11:30 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

To coin a phrase used in several movies,
"Why can't we just all get along?"

6:38 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Neo:
I still love the Lethal Weapons and you've got to remember Mel Gibson is in them so that makes up for Glover :-).

Shoprat:
In doing my research last night for my post I found out this is McKinney's 5th run-in w/ Capitol Police. Its about time she received some consequences.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home