Friday, May 05, 2006

Clemency Sometimes Works.

It seems that most people who go to prison wind up in a revolving door -- in and out, in and out. But some people get their lives together in prison as did this woman.

Why did clemency work for her?

As I see it it worked for one very good reason.

She took responsibility for the fact she was in prison and did not blame others (which is avery good start.) Those who blame their crimes on others or society at large have no incentive to reform. Those who know that they screwed up and can blame no one but themselves have an incentive to reform. Who they blame for the fact that they are in prison should be a good indicator of what will happen to them when they get out.

I hope she does well.

3 Comments:

Blogger ABFreedom said...

roger that shoprat ... now if we could just get the people controlling the system to realize that.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

That's a great story of redemption. I know I would be a nothing if I had not once made some really bad mistakes like Serena.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I agree--very well said!!!

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home