Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"Cars and Old Lace"

There a lot of movies older than I am that I really like and one of them is the 1942 Cary Grant movie Arsenic and Old Lace where Cary Grant plays a drama critic who discovers that his two sweet, loveable old aunts are actually serial killers. (It doesn't sound like a comedy but it is -- dark humor must have been more acceptable in the early 40s) The reason that these two darling old women were killing men is because the men were lonely and would happier if they were reunited loved ones. They justified it as an act of kindness.

Sadly, these two elderly ladies are not fictional and were not doing it as an act of misguided kindness but out of greed and heartlessness.

Do we want to execute elderly ladies. Truth be told I would rather not execute anyone but sometimes justice demands that people die for what they do. Fortunately it is not my decision.

Speaking of executions, this guy should be thanking God that Michigan does not have the death penalty, because he is a prime candidate for it. If there is one crime I will never excuse, it is the murder of children, especially your own. This man is the lowest of the low. (Of course murdering the mother of your children, as this person did, is a horrible thing to do as well.)

I don't like violence but when someone intentionally hurts children for their own gain or pleasure I abandon mercy. I can't say what I would like to see done to his guy but I have a very good imagination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home