Thursday, August 03, 2006

Here is An Easy Trivia Question

3 Songs

The Unicorn by the Irish Rovers

There was green alligators and long-necked geese.
There was humpy bumpy camels and chimpanzees.
There was catsandratsandelephants, but sure as you're born
The loveliest of all was the Unicorn.

Cover of the Rolling Stone by Dr Hook and The Medicine Show

Boy Named Sue by Johnny Cash

What do these three very different songs have in common?

Actually this is an easy one.

UPDATE: Ok, my brother answered it. The lyrics to all three songs, each a different genre', were written by the same person: Shel Silverstein who also wrote a lot of poetry and I especially appreciate his book on giving and gratitude, The Giving Tree.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

Well, it might be easy for you dear, but I am lousy... LOUSY at riddles!

The rhyme gives us our first clue
And I know the song "A Boy Named Sue"
The cover of the Rolling Stones, I haven't a clue
So I will have to wait from an answer from you. :)

10:04 PM  
Blogger ABFreedom said...

Uh...... let me see ..... uh .... how about..... uh ... there all different... :-/

Ok...ok... real big guess... how's about they were all done the same year? .. can't really think of much else they have in common.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Skip said...

DUDE!!!.... your showing your age here... They were all written by Shel Silverstien (along with Sylvia's Mother Marie Laveau and Don't Give a Dose To the One You Love Most) he also wrote kids books (A Light in the Attic, Where the Sidewalk Ends)

11:18 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

OK Skip
I should have said that little brothers cannot answer the question but you're right.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Well, now I know the answer. I would never have guessed it.

9:09 AM  
Blogger juanitagf said...

Well, Gayle, neither would I.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home