Monday, August 14, 2006

A Saint Indeed

I hate to admit it but I was only vaguely familiar with the story of the Catholic Priest and Saint, Father Maximilian Kolbe, who was at Auschwitz and sacrificed his life to save a Jewish man.

How Christlike can you get? I am in awe of this man (and I am a very staunch Protestant!)

Captain's Quarters has the entire story. It is inspiring and really worth reading.

I just wish my computer wouldn't refuse to let me comment there (for some reason it will not allow me to log in, even though I have an account.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Tom C said...

Hi Rat! I just got back from the wilds of Michigan. I have chosen you to tag because you have something to say so.....Tag your it! Ps see my blog for an explanation.

9:01 PM  
Blogger juanitagf said...

Facinating story. I would like to say that I would be as Christlike as the priest, but I don't know that I would have the courage.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Awesome story!! I too am a protestant that is very impressed.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Joubert said...

"A greater love hath no man..."

I also read that story yesterday.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home