Monday, August 07, 2006

Tag and I am It

Born Again Redneck tagged me so here we go.

One Book That Changed My Life: Well other than the Bible I would have to say The Imitation of Christ by Thomas A Kempis

A book I have read more than once: Many, many many: The Lord of the Rings, A Voyage to Arcturus by David Lindsay, Brave New World by Huxley, Mere Christianity by CS Lewis, just for starters

One Book I would want on a desert island: One on how to survive on desert Island ;-D

One Book that made me laugh: Actually it is a series of books based on puns called the Myth-adventures by Robert Aspirin.

One Book that made me cry: I came close to tears with the major death (no spoiler given) at the end of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

One Book I wish I had written. Have to think about that one.

One Book you wish had never been written: Several, The Koran, Protocols of the Elders of Zion, Mein Kampf, The Communist Manifesto, The Feminine Mystique. These books have screwed up society big time.

One Book I am currently reading: The Golden Bough by James Frazier. I have been working on it for some time now (very long, and involved -- you frequently have to stop and think.)

One Book I have been meaning to read: The Koran. I have tried several times but my mind goes into resistance mode at what is being presented.

Now to tag
Lone Pony
Armed and Christian
AB Freedom



7 Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony said...

Wow! You've read a lot of books! Seems like the only thing I've read for a long time is textbooks. LOL...ok, tagged I am. Give me a couple of days and I'll get it done.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Joubert said...

I nearly picked The Imitation of Christ, The Protocols of Zion and Brave New World. Great minds etc.

11:37 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

A couple more I wish were never written

The Two Babylons (brilliant, but should have been done with greater care and more research.)

Most of the writings of Alfred Kinsey

1:39 PM  
Blogger ABFreedom said...

Ok .... guess I'll give it a go .... do comic books count ...LOL

8:07 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I enjoyed reading both yours and Patrick's!!

I thought of you this past weekend when we went to Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford museum. I assume you've been there??

10:21 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Finally, done. :-)

7:57 AM  
Blogger Wulf said...

I should have stopped by here before picking up the meme from Lone Pony. Seeing Mein Kampf on your list might have saved me some time struggling over that question.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home