Monday, November 27, 2006

Tragedy and Hope

There is probably few things in the world as horrible as being a parent and standing helplessly by as you watch your child slowly die.

I can only offer prayers for her father who has now lost both his wife and daughter to seperate illnesses, that he will not despair but know there is hope. Actually there is more than hope, but a promise.

I do not see how any atheist can handle life in such a situation but believers have hope even in the most tragic of deaths. When one gets angry and rejects God because He wasn't there one destroys hope. God was there and one day her father will see clearly as his daughter does now. Fortunately he seems to be a man who has some faith. That faith is being sorely tried but only faith can see one through this.

As I read of her death a stanza of Yes Jesus Loves Me came to mind

Jesus loves me, loves me still
Though I'm weak and very ill
From His shining throne on high
still He sees me where I lie

She was asleep when she died, but she opened eyes that she had never opened before and saw her mother, who died four years ago, who took her hand and walked with her toward the throne of her Heavenly Father. All pain, which has been her constant companion, has ended and when she sees the face of God all questions will be answered.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man Shop that put a lump in my throat...

The last line brought a tear down MY cheek: "I can't wash it. Maddie's tears are on Puppy." WOW...

6:54 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Your title says it all. It breaks my heart that they had to go through such a tragedy but they at least they didn't go through it as one who has no hope. It makes all the difference.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Wow! That's love. After reading that, I have these big tears in my eyes. I don't know If I could handle losing one of my kids. Yet, I know as Christians, we have a hope others don't understand. What's wonderful is that the relationship with Christ also brings a joy that begins here on earth.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He truly has a lot of strength, and his faith has guided him through it all. God Bless him and his whole family.

10:14 PM  
Blogger lilfeathers2000 said...

I can never understand how anyone cannot have faith.
I hear people say it they don't believe. I always wonder if somewhere there is a tiny seed.
God Bless and keep your friend.
Have a God Blessed Week.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

What that man has been through; first his wife, then his daughter! I pray that this wonderful father will be okay, and if he is, it will only be because of his faith.

How do atheists cope with similar circumstances? It's hard to imagine.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

I read the article in the Freep yesterday. It took about three kleenex to get thru it all...

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home