Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Things I learned from Civilization III

I hate to admit it but I am a Civ III junkie. What amazes me is how these fantasy worlds work.

1. France has declared war on me more than other nation. When was the last time France declared war except as part of a broad coalition?

2. I have been taught the wheel and the alphabet by the Cherokee, Inca and Inuit peoples. All of them were great peoples but they never developed these.

3. Gold is everywhere just laying on the ground, but Iron, that is very rare and found only in a few select places.

4. I have seen aircraft carriers sunk by ancient galleys using arrows to attack it.

5. A lone barbarian armed only with a stone hammer sees a column of tanks and will immediately and suicidally attack.

6. Hiring a jester or a minstrel will stop a riot.

7. India, led by Mahatma Gandhi has attacked me for no reason at all. I could picture that happening.

It's so much like the real thing.

9 Comments:

Blogger Dionne said...

What is Civilization III?

1:18 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

LMC, it's only THE GREATEST GAME ever invented.

Shoprat, I usually play for an hour in the morning before work, and then a couple at night before bed. I've had a single pikeman take on 5 musketeers, then get killed by a guy with a club, go figure.

7:53 AM  
Blogger dons_mind said...

for whatever reason, i am not a "gamer" - but i do understand about get immersed in something that you enjoy....have fun....

8:38 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I'd never heard of Civilization III either. When I have time for it I enjoy Final Fantasy though; I just haven't had much time for it lately. :)

1:06 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

lmc http://www.civ3.com/

cp I am glad to see I am not the only junkie. LOL

d_m I usually am not either but I like this game.

gayle I never tried that one.

7:27 PM  
Blogger ABFreedom said...

Hmmm .. I never really got into these games, but I'll look and see what it's about.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not much into gaming either, the last thing I played was probably RISK as a strategy game, online nothing close... LOL.

Sounds pretty cool though.

1:14 AM  
Blogger Dionne said...

LOL :-) No wonder CP doesn't have much time to blog!!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Nightcrawler said...

I've had the same experiences on Civ. III and had the same thoughts about them. I LOVE that game but the rarity of Uranium and Iron sometimes irritate me. I want to climb the tech tree ASAP and having to battle through three different kingdoms just to get to them can be a real pain in the @ss.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home