Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Vigilance Day

Six years ago today I was getting ready to go into the paintbooth and start painting when the radio announced that a plane had just flown into the World Trade Center. I went into the booth envisioning a propeller plane with an inept or suicidal pilot doing something incredibly stupid and was concerned about debris from the Cessna or whatever it was hitting people on the ground below but painted for a couple of hours without any realization of what was happening. About 11:00 AM EST a co-worker came in and told me what was happening, that both towers had been hit and had collapsed, the Pentagon had been attacked, and "planes were falling out of the sky" in Pennsylvania. I stepped into the general work area where my co-workers were mechanically doing their jobs but their hearts were about a thousand miles to the East.

We let our guard down and evil struck. Sept 11th must never be forgotten. Let it be a day that we do two things:

1) Do good to strangers to counter the evil done to us.

2) Renew our vigilance against the enemies that hide amongst us.

A day of Vigilance and Kindness.

Hopefully this will be my last day limited to 1 hr on a Library Computer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

Beautifully said.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

And, of course, whilst vacationing in one of Fornicalia's north coast cities, I watch some elderly bearded liberal fuckhead trotting a sign on the main street, on 9/11, that read: "9-11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB." It STILL amazes me that there are persons this ridiculously STUPID. I did something silly as I passed.

BZ

7:53 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Well said!!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Bob's Blog said...

Your suggestions for a way to commemorate 9-11 are very well taken.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home