Friday, April 11, 2008

April 11th, 08

First off, a memory

When I was 12 or so, there was a song called Jennifer Tompkins by the Street People. The song reached number 1 on the charts very quickly, some said in less then a month after its release, and you know when it was playing because you couldn't help but sing along. Then it dropped off the charts almost as quickly it climbed them and within a couple of months you never heard it all. Even the Oldies stations stay clear of it. Something reminded me of the song yesterday and I got curious about it. Most old memories don't sound as good when you go back to them, but when I heard it on You Tube it still sounded quite enjoyable if not great. Today I figured out why people quit listening to it - - - you just can't get it out of your head and you hear it in your mind singing on and on . . and on.






Now other stuff or rather just for laughs.

Achmed - - - The dead terrorist!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

Now I'm going to have that dang song stuck in my head all day! LOL!

I love Achmed the terrorist. I've watched all of this guys shows. He is so talented!

11:11 AM  
Blogger dons_mind said...

can't say i've ever heard that song.....but i am an achmed fan! that guys a great ventriloquist...and funny too!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home