Friday, April 25, 2008

Race or Competence?

I am somewhat intrigued by the Bell case where three New York City police detectives supposedly shot and killed a black man on his wedding day. To be honest, I don't have enough facts to know if their acquittal is valid or not and I'm sure not going to take the word of the notorious race-baiters Sharpton and Jackson on it; to these two racists a white man is guilty until God Himself says he's innocent and then it's still in doubt.

The curious thing to me is what is being downplayed by the media. Two of the policemen being lumped with the KKK are black. The pictures at the Fox News Site shows only the one who happens to white.



Picture from CNN

I guess black police officers are white racists too to some people. It's very likely that the killing was uncalled for, but it is a question of police competence not racism.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

Nothing CNN does any more surprises me, Shoprat. They should be ashamed of themselves for only showing the white officer, but of course they're not, and like you, I would believe Sharpton or Jackson about as much as I would believe Obama or Hillary - maybe even less!

11:51 AM  
Blogger juanitagf said...

I read about it when it first happened and it sounded like it was practically a riot with the bride, groom and the bride's family getting physical. I realized not all cops are knights in shining armor, but I tend to believe them first.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

FIFTY SHOTS! This is not about racism, this is about out of control cops. I tend NOT to believe the police in these situations first. Nobody had a gun here and yet they felt that it was appropriate to fire FIFTY SHOTS! There have been too many instances of police going overboard and increasingly using paramilitary SWAT tactics for things as simple as a traffic stop. A man in Indiana was just awarded $40,000 for getting TAZERED at a traffic stop for refusing to sign the ticket. BTW- he was found not guilty of speeding.

Gayle- You crack me up. Don't like the truth? Just reject it and say you don't believe anything that they say. And what in the hell does this have to to with Hillary or Obama? This has nothing at all to do with politics, and everythin to do with this country becoming a police state. Maybe the next time you are pulled over and told to get down on the ground spread eagle you'll change your mind.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Glad I amuse you, Tim. :)

I said I believed Sharpton and Jackson even less than I believe Hillary or Obama, which is as big of a compliment that Hillary or Obama are ever going to get from me. Have you made a rule that Hillary or Obama can't be mentioned unless the post is about them? If so, I wasn't aware of it. Sorry!

I'd like to know when the last time was that you were pulled over by the cops and spreadeagled? Hmmm? It's obvious CNN is skewering the story. Black policemen are not going to play racist against black people. It's obvious to anyone with any sense whatsoever that CNN is playing the race card. I do want the truth which is why I never go to CNN for it. They wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the butt and neither would you.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wrote about this a lot when the shootings first took place. I could have predicted the outcome at the acquittal of the officers. Victimization, grievance, and the blood of martyrs shakedown.

Keep it up, Shoprat!!

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home